We *love* Kissmetrics great Email Marketing infographic! Email Marketing is, indeed, changing.
Have you noticed the simplified designs that are being adopted? Those sidebars are becoming a thing of the past. Summaries with links to full articles in a single-column layout is becoming the go-to design choice. A big reason for this is that, more and more, readers of your emails are viewing them on their smartphones. Aren’t you doing the same thing?
The good news is that we built in mobile-friendliness so you can focus on the content. It’s at the bottom of the infographic, but an important point to stress is to always be sure you include your CTA (Call-to-Action) very near the top of your email. This is a good rule of thumb for all your readers.
Be sure to thoroughly test your email before you release it to the world. Do all the links work? Did you view it on your phone? Yes? Then you’re ready to hit the Send button. But, wait! There’s more! Don’t forget to also set up the Social Posts to go out simultaneously so those can be tracked, too.
Below the infographic are some great stats Kissmetrics provided about email marketing all ready to Tweet.
Source: Email Marketing is Changing
Facts and Stats To Tweet:
- Triggered emails have 50% higher open rates than non-triggered emails.»tweet«
- Open rates for email on smartphones have risen over 40% in the past couple of years. »tweet«
- Open rates on desktop computers have dropped over 18% in the past couple of years. »tweet«
- Only 2% of companies have an advanced mobile email marketing strategy.»tweet«
- 89% of consumers will delete a poorly formatted email if viewed on mobile. 27% will unsubscribe. »tweet«