Spam is absolutely prohibited by Venntive.
Venntive provides the Venntive suite of email marketing tools to their customers, supports ONLY permission-based email marketing practices. Venntive has some of the strictest policies in the email industry and supporting procedures that:
- Help prevent the Venntive system from being used for the purpose of unsolicited email campaigns.
- Encourage permission-based marketing.
- Respond to all complaints suggesting the Venntive system has been used as a vehicle to send unsolicited email.
Venntive actively monitors import lists and outgoing emails for suspiciously large intended or actual broadcasts. Any customer found to be using Venntive for Spam is subject to being permanently barred from ever using the Venntive system.
Spam is unsolicited commercial email, junk mail, or bulk mail that has not been requested by the recipient. In addition to wasting valuable resources and time, it is intrusive, irrelevant and often offensive. Typically, spam emails do not contain an option to unsubscribe from the mailing list. Spam is the opposite of permission-based emails —- those that are anticipated, personal, relevant and often associated with a “pre-existing business or personal relationship.” If you send an email out through Venntive that generates a spam complaint, you will be responsible for providing an opt-in record for the complaint at issue. Any spam complaints that are not successfully appealed are assessed a $20-100 fine.
Think You’ve Been Spammed?
- Immediately unsubscribe using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
- Forward the unsolicited email to abuse@Venntive.com and provide any other information that you believe may help us in our investigation.
- Venntive takes permission marketing very seriously.
If you wish, you are welcome to contact us via regular mail – Venntive, 524 Union Street, San Francisco, CA 94133, Attn. Abuse Desk.
Many spam complaints are registered with anti-spam agencies. We fully support the efforts of agencies working to responsibly curtail the sending of unsolicited commercial email. However, if an individual opted in to receive a Venntive and then falsely and/or maliciously files a spam complaint against Venntive, we will cooperate fully with appropriate agencies to ban the user from further use of anti-spam software and community.